Thursday, September 25, 2014

Silhouette - Everyday

Today, I wanted to share with you one of my recent favorite pages that I made for the Silhouette American blog last week.

I have always been a fan of cutting large backgrounds and then layering patterned paper behind it... and so when I came across this fun card design shape in the Silhouette store, I snagged it up.
I knew it would be perfect to add lots of different papers behind!

I started by cutting the pattern onto white adhesive backed cardstock - which also makes this job very easy to adhere and keep together. I knew I wanted an almost ombre like effect, so I stuck with patterns of paper from Crate Paper, in various colours and patterns and worked my way down the page, mixing them up.



I cut some adhesive gold foil paper for part of my title and some strips and used them like washi tape over the vellum photo frame:




You can see here that I typed some journaling in my Silhouette software, but sent it to my printer instead of cutting on my Silhouette. No need to type in Word anymore!

I did the text on the vellum so that it would be seen over the background but not so stark on a white background.

 

If you haven't had a chance to stop by the Silhouette blog lately, please do and say HI! Here is the link to my project over there - EVERYDAY
Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Scrapthat said...

I wanted to pop in and thank you for your post today Nicole.
I was a little confused that I had missed your post in my reader for Silhouette so I went in to check...I was SURE I had the Sil blog in my reader....come to find out they must have moved because the last post was in 2013!!! I have updated and will go over what I have missed! Thanks so much again!!

Raphart´s said...

Love só much!!!! What font did You use on the text? Congratulations!

Raphart´s said...

And did You use a laser or a inkjet printer? Kisses