Monday, February 08, 2016

Fancy Pants Home Decor project




Good Morning! Today, I have a bit of a home décor project to share with you. I shared a bit of a sneak the other day and today I can share the entire thing


I like to call this one a happy accident as I made a large ooops that worked out in my favour!


I created this canvas for the Fancy Pants Designs blog:





I will be honest, I hadn't quite envisioned the white wash type of feel but I had to go with the flow when I used white gesso instead of modge podge to adhere my hexagons to the canvas! I first painted the canvas with some aqua/mint paint (Jillibean Soup) and after it was dry, coated the whole thing with the gesso (oops) and then layered paper over top while it was still wet. I added more gesso overtop the paper and then wiped some of it off slightly which created the white washed effect.






 

You can see I added some hand stitching to some of the hexagons and some Fancy Pants buttons and diecuts to embellish my large die cut title.


I did add some gold foil pieces after the gesso had dried, as it did not dry on the foil paper. So keep that in mind if you try this out! If you do, please link me up to your project, I would love to see it!

Have a great day!










No comments: