Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Scrapbook and Cards Today Magazine winter issue





The winter issue of Scrapbook and Cards Today Magazine was released on December 9 - have you had a chance to check it out yet?



Each issue this year, a different designer created mini books for a special article in the magazine. This issue, it was my turn.




I used the Pink Paislee collection Take Me Away for this valentine themed album. I cut all the pages on my Silhouette Cameo and added some thinner chipboard between the paper layers to create the book. I like making my own albums from scratch, and sewing them together on my sewing machine. A lot less adhesive and the stitching adds a fun texture.






Throughout the album, I added in some tags and ephemera from the collection and attached onto the jump ring that I used to hold the album together.






I diecut some vellum leaves from JustNick studio and tucked those in amongst the photos and ephemera.





Since there was not a lot of room for journaling in the album, I ran some vellum hearts in my typewriter and added my journaling on them. It gets the job done without adding bulk.





















For the cover, I added a little red glitter to the bottom edge of the Thickers that come with the Take Me Away collection. Adds a nice little sparkle and pop of color to the cover of the book






To watch me flip though the album, I created little video! Check it out:


That's it for me today! Thanks for stopping by!



No comments: